Wednesday, August 19, 2009

FAIR + FOOD = FUN

Tuesday night was Delta Sky Miles day at the Indiana State Fair so admission was only two dollars with a internet voucher. So early that morning I printed 4 off for the Stanley's, Daniel and I. After Daniel got hope we packed Jenna's bag, waited for Jenna to wake up, fed Jenna, packed the stroller, Jenna, ourselves and headed to the Stanley's. Then half way to the fair, which is 30 minuets away I remembered I FORGOT the vouchers. So we quickly re-routed the Stanley's GPS to the dental school library!! Neither Daniel or Nate had their Jag tags to print, but luckily Cody was there so phew......got that resolved.

Finally safe and sound we got to the fair. A few wrong turns and a GPS telling us to turn the wrong way on a one, but we got there.

One of the best parts of a fair is that one time a year in your face greasy, fatty, sugary junk food! FAIR FOOD!! We were excited!! One nice thing that was going on at the fair for Delta Sky Miles Tuesday was called, Taste of $2 Tuesday. This meant that all the nutritious fair food you love could be tasted in a down sized portion for only $2!!!! Not the whole menu, but their most popular item on the menu for $2. There was no up front cost at admissions, packages you had to buy, coupons or gimmicks. If you saw a vendor with the sign in the window for a $2 taste item and you wanted it, you gave them two bucks and ate up!! We tried so many things since we had more room to budget food. Let's see a 16oz slushy 2 bucks, bag of cotton candy 2 bucks, bag of kettle corn 2 bucks, deep fried pizza 2 bucks, funnel cake 2 bucks, beef cheese stick 2 BUCKS....and a few more things...say it with me "2 bucks!" The hamburger and fries were regular price, but all three of us shared one burger, fry and water!
They also had so many things for little kids Jenna's age, not just animals to pet like Boise. There was golfing, gardening, a school bus to play in, caves, fishing, fish aquariums, playgrounds, animals, walking paths, water falls, and much much more!! It was great for her! We love the Indiana State Fair!
We had a great time with Jenna!!! She rode on her first fair ride with mommy and LOVED IT!!!! She kept pointing for the rides so we chanced it. We are glad we did! (Rides just.......not 2 bucks :( 5 bucks for Jenna and I two ride one!!! That was all we rode!!)
This post has the most pictures I've ever posted!!
I really could not decide. So... grab a bag of popcorn, please turn of your cell phones and enjoy!
The cows
What I saw looking up from the pig pen.......beautiful!
Jenna almost jumped in!! Daddy stopped her.
Gardening
Jenna with a tiny club following daddy to the green!Daddy setting up the put.
She hits!
She made it! Her 1st try a WHOLE in ONE!! One proud daddy for sure!Fish and duck pond. Fake fish
Fishing.
Who needs a pole mommy when I have hands!
Jenna made a friend by the ponds!In the bus. There were all these toys to play with in there. She like it a lot
She did not want to let go. Daniel tried to help pull her down, but she still did want to let go!
Jenna's 1st fair ride and she LOVED it!! She was asking to go on rides. Pointing and yelling "dat"
Can you find Jenna's tiny little head?

4 comments:

Emily said...

I love fairs! The food, the animals, the rides I love it all! The necklace is like the one Nie wore, I made a bib necklace similar with the rolled flowers and I was really proud of myself, it turned out really cute. When I get a camera I will post pics of it. Great pictures, It looks like so much fun!

Rhonda said...

Loved all the pictures, looks like you all had a blast!

Jensen Memories said...

I love all the pictures!

Tammy said...

I finally found out where to leave a comment. I love your pictures! Starting Jenna out young in the golf arena I see :) And Happy Anniversary!!! Way to go you two!6 years...you...are...old ;). Congrats on your induction ceremony too. It was fun to see you get your coat Dan. Thanks for sharing that Dawn. I love you both. It's fun to how things are going in your life!