Jenna has progressed like crazy over the last two weeks! Mostly in the last three days. She recently turned 9 months old on Jan 7th and it's like she was holding it all in to show us how big she is turning.
1.) Sunday night we had some friends over for dinner and games. As the night ended. They put Keira in her car seat packed up and headed for the door. Carla turned and said, "bye guys." Jenna smiled and started waving!! What, we were so socked! Never seen that one before. So then Travis laughed and said, "bye bye Jenna!" She smiled and waved again! After they left we clapped for her and of course kept doing it over and over like any over proud cheesy parent would. I even walked to the front door opened it and turned around to say, "bye bye." Gosh, she's growing up. (tear) As we left Win Co yesterday she saw people walking to their cars and started waving bye bye to them. It's crazy how babies associate things such as; walking away, cars, waving and doors to bye bye. She understands that means we are going somewhere or leaving somewhere.
2.) She has been cruising things for a few weeks now and doing a half scoot crawl thing. Jenna not only cruises along couches anymore, but the hallway walls too. On Sunday I was in the kitchen and Jenna suddenly appeared from the front room to the dinning room. Not sure how I didn't see. Then yesterday she came down the hall to her room where I was. Still was for sure how. I know she has been progressing to just crawling. Then I saw later yesterday, she is crawling on all fours. Not motor speed, but crawling. Jenna prefers walking with us or pulling herself up on things and cruising on her own. I think she caught on to the fact that crawling is faster than scootwaling (my made up word ). Jenna is officially crawling.
3.) Jenna can balance standing on her own for 15 to 30 seconds now! I'm sure she could longer, but she get nervous and crashes down to her bum. She has stood longer than that one time before two weeks ago. Not since then.
4.) Last night my parents came over and we had Jenna's walker in the front room. The backside to her walker is open, so it's not like the walkers that are fully closed in. Well, I put her hands on the handled and sat on the couch. She didn't only walk she was sort of running or jugging. Crazy girl! Then daddy came in the front door and she got so excited and went so fast she almost flopped. She was walking all over the apartment and up and down the hall ways with her walker. I was so impressed. That was the 1st time she did that with out a little push or some one behind her.
P.S. There is still one thing Jenna has been slow on. Her teeth. Jenna is 9 months 1 week old and has nothing! No teeth at all. She's teething and has been for a while, but no results. Doctor saw some k-9's dropping but still said the two bottom are the closets.
I'll post some videos soon. Of walking, crawling and her reaction to cheerios and marsh mellows. Stay tuned.
No comments:
Post a Comment