Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Just the "Girls"

My sisters son and husband went on a fathers son camp out and my hubby was out having fun with his brothers and sisters. So what better to do than have a girls night, right?
We planned Mc Donald's for the girls and Los Betos Mexican food for the ladies. After we got the food we headed back to Celeste's to set a picnic up in the backyard for all of us. We kind of got the night started a little late, 8:30pm. So, the girls were starting to get a little grumpy. Not to mention my little one, Jenna was acting extra fussy and needy. We wrapped up dinner which the 3 of them hardly touched and headed inside. We still moved forward as planned. Dancing, nail painting and root beer floats. As the evening crept on the girls became even more tired and grumpy. Hannah was 1st to get tucked in. The rest of us headed up stairs to paint nails and sip our floats.

Now for the events that followed the trip upstairs. The cherry topper of all cherries! Jenna freaked out when I tried to paint her nails. I knew she was tired and I bit fussier than usual, but not why. I mean it was 10PM. I laid her over my shoulder to comfort her and.........she threw up down my back!!!! I ran to the bathroom to clean her up and bathe her. My sister gave me a clean shirt, we packed up our things and headed downstairs. While I was putting a clean pair of jammies on Jenna she........yup threw up all down my front side and herself!! So, so, so sad. I re-cleaned her, myself, and the floor. Then called Daniel to give him a heads up.
12:30pm we arrive home. 12:45pm Jenna tucked in, mommy in the shower, daddy loading the washer and the hitting the pillow. That wasn't the end. I hit the pillow 5 more times after that. What a girls night. Better luck next time. Thanks for inviting us Celeste, Sarah and Hannah we had fun.

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

How sad. Poor Jenna. Was is the chicken nuggets? Those make me sick too sometimes.