Monday, April 6, 2009

Reflection........

April 6th 2008. A Sunday. Morning. I'm reflecting back to one year ago today. Jenna was wiggling and very restless all day in my womb. With contractions comming left and right. We just knew she'd be making her big appearance soon! Later in the afternoon after conference and dinner we went fora long walk.
8:41 pm reality was starting. Whoa...that was a strong contraction. Strong contractions now. As the night went on they just kept getting stronger and closer together. Daniel and I layed there on the bed in our pj's with a stop watch, a pen and a note pad. Timing, dozing and timing. Didn't sleep much. Maybe if we were lucky we got to sleep for at least 5 to 10 min at a time before another contraction. How long would this go on? About 3:30 am I got a toe curling full of tears contraction. Daniel jumped up with a stop watch around his neck and said, "it's time Dawn!" He was the 1st to say that. It was so cute.
4:15 am we grabbed our packed things and headed to St. Luke's. Arriving around 4:30am to check in. I had to walk around for an hour or so. Then the question....? What did I want or pain, epidural? Well, I was still not sure. I hate, I fear, and I get scared of needles. Time passed and I was starting to give into the pain. I was cracking. Not able to focus on anything, but the pain. Tears had arrived and I had finally decided I had felt the natural pain long enough.
I bucked up and at 7:30ish I gave into the epidural. WOW ladies, wow! Happy juice were the exact words I used when I thanked the doctor for the shot. He was amazing. I never saw it. I felt it, but didn't see it.
To be continued tomorrow..........her birthday!!!!!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Happy Birthday Jenna!! You are a beautiful little girl and you are so blessed to have a Mommy and Daddy who love you so much! Have a wonderful day!!